6 July 2012
The Foundation which was initiated on the occasion of Mr. Prasad Chalavadi (Founder and CMD, Kalamandir Group) Birthday in 2010, with their meticulous initiatives has emerged into one of the prominent social welfare organizations of Andhra Pradesh. The event which held at Kukatpally stands as a revelation for the statement. It was on the occasion of Kalamandir Foundation’s Anniversary (7th July) celebration that has triggered the pulse of many and lead to the gathering of numerous like-minded individuals. As a part of the event, they have organized a Blood Donation Camp, distributed school bags for Government school students, donated Braille slates for visually challenged students and initiated a campaign against Child Labour.
Kalamandir Foundation is a Corporate Social Responsibility Division of Kalamandir, a leading designer apparel store of South India. Operating under its wing, the Foundation has left no stone unturned in contributing towards society and the event which occurred yesterday stands as a paradigm. People from all walks of life which includes, volunteers, celebrities and other dignitaries were spotted at the event. Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan, Kukatpally MLA, cast and crew of ‘Mem Vayasuku Vacham’ and other Tollywood Stars, Music Directors were among the participants. Not just in Hyderabad, the event took place in Bengaluru, Guntur and Vijayawada where, on the overall basis about 1500 employees of Kalamandir have donated blood.
Kalamandir Kalyan, CEO, Kalamandir, giving his note on the occasion said, “A thought of paying back to the society something in return has lead to the initiation of this noble cause, ‘Kalamandir Foundation’. Serving others and helping the needy gave us eternal delight. It was the greatest achievement we ever achieved. We have undertaken numerous initiatives in the areas of health, education and environment. Providing scholarships, organizing blood donation camps, protesting against drugs, promoting green revolution and donations to charity are few among those initiatives carried over by the Foundation. It’s my pleasure to share with you that our efforts and struggle for the good has been recognized in the form of ‘Best CSR Practice Award’, at Responsible Business Awards held recently in Mumbai. Taking forward this legacy today, on the occasion of our Foundation Day we have initiated a new campaign protesting against child labour. The response that we got from the people had stirred our insights to work more and accomplish further for the betterment of the society. I take this opportunity to thank media, volunteers and all the supporters of Kalamandir Foundation without which this would not have been the reality.”
The event was a huge success and will surely result in enlightening the lives of many. Signing off with a hope that we get to see many such events in future from Kalamandir Foundation and other organizations.
Initiative taken up by Kalamandir Foundation -
· Flood Relief initiative By Kalamandir – October 2009
· Happy Hyderabad – A movement for peace & Prosperity – November 14,2010
· Eye Donation Awareness Campaign – September 8,2011
· Cowe Walkathon – October 8,2011
· Cowe Trade Carnival – October 13,2011
· Women Artist Group Show : “Femin Dissilience” – October 22,2011
· Aids Eradication Awareness Campaign - December 1 2011
· Bangalore Walk-A-Thon on the world Disable Day - December 10, 2011
· 7th International Children’s Film Festival –January 9th to 13th, 2012
· Foundation Day – Blood Donation Camp, Gifts Distribution to unprivileged Group – July 7,2011
· Walk With A Hope : to Eradicate Child Lab our – June 12, 2012
· No More Smoking 5 K Run – June 5,2011
· Walk 4 Heart – September 25,2010
· Anti Drug Campaign – August 15,2011
· Healthy Heart Cyclothon – September 25,2011
· Tie up with Impact Hospital for Aid to cancer Patient – August,2011
· World Environment Day :Saplings Distribution & Go Green Rally – June 5,2011
· Swechha: Freedom From Polythene – July 17, 2011
· Clay Ganesha- Eco-friendly Campaign - September 1,2011
· 60+ earth hour – March 31,2012
About Sai Silks (Kalamandir) Ltd –
The group, Sai Silks (Kalamandir) Ltd, is a leading designer apparel store with its presence across India. Their flagship brand Kalamandir is South India’s favorite destination for designer sarees. Established in 2005 in Hyderabad, the group operates 26 retail stores out of which eleven stores are under the flagship brand KALAMANDIR with four in Hyderabad, five in Bangalore and one each in Vijayawada & Guntur. They have one store in Bangalore under the brand name Varamahalakshmi. Their brand Sindoor is spread across 12 stores as SIS in Big Bazaar & Bharti Wal-mart with three in Hyderabad, five in Bengaluru and one each in Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Mysore and Mangalore. They also have six other sub brands besides these. Kalamandir offers a delightful shopping experience for the entire family.